Wednesday, April 21, 2010

update 4/21/2010


I’m not exactly sure where to start. So much (good and bad) has happened since my last blog or vlog. Well starting with some of the good stuff, I had an amazing Holy Week and Easter. I had a blast finding eggs at the Living Room, and hiding them for the kids on Easter. I’ve been having a lot of fun at Church lately and always seem to feel better there. I found out just the other day that I have reversed my Osteoporosis to Osteopenia, and I am (fingers crossed) close to finally getting HGH treatment started. As far as my bad news goes, my future with my Ileostomy is uncertain. It turns out there is not a single colo-rectal surgeon in Houston or surrounding areas that will take my insurance. I have been pretty depressed lately because of this news, and the uncertainty of my future. This was supposed to be a temporary thing, not permanent or semi-permanent situation.  I’m not sure what to do with all of this. The other day along with the good news of my osteopenia, I also found out my white blood cell count is still slightly high, and I am afraid that has something to do with my Ostomy. Lastly, I found out that with the last steps of getting HGH, the company has to call Medicaid to get approval for it, which is a little scary. Well, I guess that’s about it for now. I’m sorry I haven’t posted anything on here or YouTube in a long time; I just have either been too busy, tired, or depressed to feel like doing any of that. Please keep me in your prayers, and any tips or suggestions regarding any of the above are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment