Monday, February 22, 2010

surgical update

well, I saw a new surgeon last week, and he questioned the thinking of both my prior surgeons decisions. He asked why my first did not perform a seton surgery instead of a fistuloctomy, because the Seton (all though more painful and long) has a lower chance of causing incontinence then a fistuloctomy. And he asked why my last surgeon gave me an ileostomy instead of a colostomy. We did not know, and therefore had no answers. Though he did not say it directly, it sounded like he thought both my surgeons made mistakes (aside from the one we already knew my most recent one made). So now, Mom and I are to get together all of my medical records from both surgeons and surgeries including pictures of tests they performed like my ultrasound, and bring them in or fax them to him, then see him to see what he can do for me (if anything) in about 2 weeks. well, that's my life and what's been going on for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment